cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Event Notifier on Linux

Philip L Arnold
Occasional Contributor

SIM Event Notifier on Linux

In the Windows version of SIM, there is an "Event Notifier" config wizard to set up notifications of SIM detected problems on a server. Does a similar wizard or config tool for the Linux edition of SIM exist? How do I set it up?
2 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM Event Notifier on Linux

"Event Notifier" is not a part of HP SIM, rather it is part of the Insight agent delivered as part of the ProLiant Support Pack on Windows. Event Notifier has one purpose in life, and that is to deliver alerts via email using a MAPI client instead of using SNMP. This was originally conceived for the use of small businesses where they might not have a management server to receive SNMP traps. This way the agent can send an email for help on its own.

This has also been implemented in the Linux version of the Insight agent, albeit a little differently; it's set up by modifying a config file Linux-style as opposed to a little GUI utility like Event Notifier on Windows. You're looking for information on 'trapemail' and you'll find it documented starting on page 22 of "Managing ProLiant servers with Linux" from http://www.hp.com/go/proliantlinux --> ProLiant + Linux Documentation
iltmpz
Occasional Contributor

Re: SIM Event Notifier on Linux

Can you help me to find "Event Notifier" please?
I have one purpose, and that is to deliver alerts via email instead of using SNMP.
I think "Event Notifier" is utility that I need to use. But I couldn't understand how to find it.
My ProLiant Support Pack contains list of 54 components, some of them installed now, but I couldn't find there "Insight agent" or "Event Notifier"