6091 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM Event/Trap List

SOLVED
Go to solution
SimDogg

SIM Event/Trap List

My boss wants me to print out a list of events SIM 5.1 can report on.. We have customers who want to put their servers in SIM but dont know what type of events SIM can alert on.. How do I find and print this list? THANKS for your help!!
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

For ProLiant servers it can be found in the documents "Windows Event ID and SNMP Traps Reference Guide" from http://www.hp.com/go/hpsim --> Information Library --> System Management Homepage for HP ProLiant. There is an equivalent one for Linux as well.
SimDogg

OK.. that was a good start.. I submitted the .pdf to my boss and this what he said.. "I need a spreadsheet of the available alarms that can be thrown by a MS server".. The spreadsheet part Ill work on that.. how do find the "alarms" info specific for MS servers?
Maurice Skubski_1
Valued Contributor

As SIM can manage every MIB, you have amount of SIM events (nearly everything can be managed with the right mib). Plus - you can make your own traps and MIBs. So i normaly ask the customer what he wants and than i start searching for the best solution. rms