108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM Reports not working correctly

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rancher
Honored Contributor

SIM Reports not working correctly

I am having a lot of trouble with the inventory reports in SIM 6.2. THis is a new server. All of the devices have been discovered and are reporting and alerting correctly. When I run an inventory report, only 12 of my nearly 200 servers show up. Then I found that after one of them sends an event, or I restart SNMP service, I can then run a report and they will show up. Then later in the day when I run a report on all servers, only the original 12 will show up. Sometimes I can still run the report on a single server, but it doesn't show in the big report. I am extremely frustrated by the inconsistency of this as we use these reports quite a bit. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5
CA1499584
Regular Advisor
Solution

Same issues here, This is what is going on, all messages goes to a table named notices even the discovery message, Supposedly no matter what you do in SIM this record should not be deleted but found that in 6.2 this is happening, so first if you are deleting any old history using SIM just STOP, Until HP can fix this (HP please help) second either delete all servers and rediscover(painful) or If you want I have a perl program that puts the discovery record back on all missing servers, (record type 1).
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Hi raymond!

Thank you, I finally figured that out yesterday. The script would be great!
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Raymond is correct in waht is happening with the reports.
norbert rudholzer
Occasional Visitor

We have the same Problem.
Is there any solution from HP now?

Rancher
Honored Contributor

Maybe Raymond will post his script to replace the discovered event item in the database.