1751853 Members
5609 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM Service account

dv0591

SIM Service account

Hi,
we currently have SIM installed, that works fine. We have now decided to install another SIM server, ver 5.1. However, after install, service account keeps locking. We created domain account, logged with it, installed HP SIM, and after reboot, account is locked. Keeps locking every few minutes. Anybody seen this, or know how to resolve it?
Thanks in advance.

Denis
9 REPLIES 9
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM Service account

You have an account some where (services with password ..or something like that have a wrong password..good luck finding it!!
dv0591

Hi,

no we don't. Checked that already. Also, if I disable all SIM services and reboot that box, account does not get locked.

I have been having problem with this now for more than a week and have already given up. Previous version of SIM installs fine. We have now done that and will look at upgrade at a later stage.

Thanks for your reply though.

Denis
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

SIM uses windows authentication to connect to the database (I hope that you use SQL as the database). following two commands to get it to work.

mxpassword -r -x MxDBUserPassword
mxpassword -a -x MxDBUserPassword=
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Is this a fresh install or an upgrade? Also, have you installed only SIM or you have PMP and VMS installed too? And, once you login to SIM, do you see lots of failed login events? I too had a similar issue some time back and stopping the PMP services resolved the issue.
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Update: Installing 5.1 SP1 resolved the whole issue. I have all services up and running now and the account doesn't lock up!
dv0591

Hi,

thaks for reply. we have now given up and installed previous version of SIM. That worked fine.

Denis
dv0591

Previous version worked fine, we'll look at update at later stage.
LAban

To find the computer where the logon request that locks your account comes from, check your domain controllers Security log. Check for "Failure audits".
A nice way to gather the info from the security logs of all your domain controllers(or any Windows Eventlog on any MS machine) is to use the utility "eventcombmt.exe" from the W2K3 Resource kit tools (MS Download).
With this utility you can specify exactly what to search for, in this case, Failure Audits and the name of the SIM service account.

It has worked for me before :-)

L.
LAban

To find the computer where the logon request that locks your account comes from, check your domain controllers Security log. Check for "Failure audits".

A nice way to gather the info from the security logs of all your domain controllers(or any Windows Eventlog on any MS machine) is to use the utility "eventcombmt.exe" from the W2K3 Resource kit tools (MS Download).
With this utility you can specify exactly what to search for, in this case, Failure Audits and the name of the SIM service account.

It has worked for me before :-)

L.