HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Upgrade and VCA

Rancher
Honored Contributor

SIM Upgrade and VCA

I have just upgraded SIM from 6.3 to 7.0.  If you open the homepage of any server, the VCA will show what software is installed.  However, it doesn't look like that is communicating to SIM.  The software column is showing all unknowns.  If I select one it takes forever for the selectid systen to show up.  When it does, and I select it, the only button that is not greyed out is "Assign to Baseline."  I don't use baselines, just PSPs for reference and would like to be able to select the "View System Software" button.

Any help would be much appreciated! 

1 REPLY
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM Upgrade and VCA

Hi,

I think in SIM 7.x they have moved away from the VCA agent. VCA agent can have it's baseline (reference PSP or SPP) selected but that only applied now to the VCA on that server i.e.. If you browse https://localhost/vcagent on that server the VC agent will show you what software is installed baselined against the PSP/SPP selected. The SW column in SIM not reference the baseline assigned to that server in SIM from the version control repository. When selected SIM used HPsum.exe to remotely check what software is on the machine regardless of whether VC agent is installed don the server or not. I hope this makes sense?!

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)