1752367 Members
5850 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM Version 5 to version 7?

Alan Barber
Advisor

SIM Version 5 to version 7?

I keep seeing an Insight version 7 out here but nothing that really states that an existing Insight version 5 could be upgraded. Is upgrading Version SIM 5 - Windows to version 7 possible? If so what should I watch out for? The current SIM 5 already has a SQL DB established so I want to try to just upgrade this installation and not do a new install. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Alan,
>>Is upgrading Version SIM 5 - Windows to version 7 possible

You mean downgrade ?
Why you want to do it ?
Anyway, it is not possible.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

If i remember right?!!

Insight Manager is older version when it was Compaq, then they come out with the version HP Insight Systmem Manager 4,not Insight Manager 7(OLD), you got the latest HP Insight Manager today is Systems Insight Manager 5.0 with SP4 - Windows(C.05.00.01.01)
Alan Barber
Advisor

Version 7 is a down grade from 5? I guess I don't see the logic of that but if that is the fact then so be it! :) From what I saw though 7 had a newer interface and I wanted to see if some of the email notification functionality was better. Thanks though for the info!
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Alan, Ok, I understand now.
I think you have Compaq insight manager 5.x
It is very old software.
Insight manager 7 replace Compaq insight manager 5.x, but Insight manager 7 is out of date now. HP Systems Insight manager 4.2 replace Insight manager 7, but HP Systems Insight manager 4.2 is out of date too :-)
Currently peoples use HP Systems Insight manager 5.

So, if you really have Compaq insight manager 5.x, install HP Systems Insight manager 5.0 with sp4 and read:
http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/win32sim.pdf
Alan Barber
Advisor

Cool, you are getting me all straightened out. The SIM does state that it is from HP so I think I just saw what appeared to me to be a newer interface and took it at face value. Anyway, to all of you thank you very much and points have been assigned. You have been very helpful and I appreciate your straight forward explanations!