Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751746 Members
5628 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM Version Control Manager

Wally Endres

SIM Version Control Manager

I am having issues with the VCRM in SIM version 5.1 SP1.

I keep losing connectivity to the Repository for some reason, and the only solution is to reboot the server. Once rebooted, the repository comes back and I am able to update drivers from the repository with no issues. The server sits for a day or so, then loses connection to the repository again.

I am also getting piles of DCOM errors on the server itself. DCOM 10009. I can only speculate that there is some correlation between the loss of the repository and the DCOM errors.

As I understand it, the loss of the VCRM is a known issue in Version 5.2, but that does not help me with 5.1

Now I've tried to view the health staus of the SIM server itself, and I get an error message stating that "There is no System Management Home Page"

With no specific SIM errors in the event viewer & the inability to access the servers Sys. Management on itself, I'm having difficulty pinpointing the culprit.
3 REPLIES 3
Dan Jeffus
Occasional Advisor

Re: SIM Version Control Manager

I am having the exact probelm. I have unistalled VCRM and reinstalled it. It will work fro 2 ro 3 days then you must reboot to get it working again.
Wally Endres

I've successfully reinstalled the VCRM, however I've disabled automatic updates to the repository. The SIM server has been up and running all week with no issues so far. Once I re-enable the automatic updates, then I will monitor again to see what happens.

As I can see it, the automatic updates was having problems downloading the file cp008623.exe which in fact is the VCRM installation file. Once a manual push/installation of THAT file occured, then my VCRM failures went away.

The DCOM errors have gone away as well, but I will give it another week to see what happens after I enable automatic updates.
Rick Cromi
Occasional Advisor

Wally,

In working through this a couple of weeks ago, I don't think SIM 5.2 is the problem. I experienced the same things that you are going through, but have found that parts of PSP 8.00A were causing these failures.

I currently have SIM 5.2 loaded and on my managed servers I loaded PSP 7.91A, then added all individual packages in 8.00A except the following:
NCU 9.10.0.0
VCA 2.1.10.800
SMH 2.1.11.197

Leaving those three modules at their previous versions, I am running without problems.

Hope this helps.
Rick