4424 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SIM access problem

omy
Frequent Advisor

SIM access problem

hi every body

in our network we have SIM installed on HP-UX platfrom (rp3440) as a package in cluster (consists of 2 nodes)

sudenlly ,the two severs has a memory utilization 98% so i halt the pkg , halt cluster and restart the two servers . then strat the cluster and pkg.

when sim run as pkg on first node (i can login to sim web interface but all custome command and network elements manget by SIM does not appear )

so i halt the pkg then start it on the 2 nd node then i have the previous situation

so i halt the pkg again and run it on the 1st node (i can not access SIM web interface , it gives me failed authentication)

after that i run the pkg again on the 2nd node (i received the same error)

so the current situation the two nodes can run the pkg of SIM but can not access the SIM web interface as failed authenthication received althought i use the right user name and password

does any one have an explanation for that scenarion ? what is your recommendation?

best regards
omy
1 REPLY 1
omy
Frequent Advisor

Re: SIM access problem

hi every body

now i can access the SIM application throught GUI interface , but it is empty , has no network elements nor custom commands and i have received the following error
in /etc/cmcluster/SIMNNM/simnnm.cntl.log

=== Start PG db
LOG: could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
HINT: Is another postmaster already running on port 50006? If not, wait a few seconds
and retry.
FATAL: could not create TCP/IP listen socket

does any one face the same case , please send to me your recommendations .
Note : SIM start script is attached

best regards
omy