Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM and EVA 8000

Ebk
Advisor

SIM and EVA 8000

Hi

I would like to know where I can some documentation on how to configure SIM to monitor our SAN EVA 8000. At the moment SIM found the swtiches but I would like to have stats and alerts for the disks and the controllers.

Thanks
6 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM and EVA 8000

Ebk
Advisor

Thanks for the link.

I just looked at the link which points to a PDF file which details more the process however to more specific it points to a link which is the original so back to square one, I got more information about SMI-S providers but not how to do it with EVA 8000 yet...

Thanks for your help
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The key information on this page was: "The SMI-S provider for the Enterprise Virtual Arrays is integrated with Command View EVA." In conjunction with the document linked from that page called "Introduction to SMI-S for HP Systems Insight Manager" you should be in pretty good shape...
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

In summary it uses the SMI-S component installed as part of CommandView.

When CV EVA was installed you would have provided some credentials for the SMI-S connector.
In HPSIM these same credentials need to be added into the wbem section for the server that hosts CV EVA. So the EVA's are discovered via CV and not independently.

An ID task for the server hosting CV EVA should then pick up the EVA.

You might also want to google wbemdisco as that's a utility that allows you to test the SMI-S connection.
Ebk
Advisor

OK, I think I am getting there. However the guy who installed CV EVA is gone and the credentials as well. Anywhere i can find and reset them?

Thanks
Ebk
Advisor

forget about the last post.