1753947 Members
7548 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

SIM and NAS 1200

Gary Henning
Occasional Contributor

SIM and NAS 1200

I was told by the Storage Works people that it was not recommended to put the HP Insight Agents on the NAS1200. However, this means that I don't get the NAS incorporated into my SIM for alerts and reports. Does anyone know of a work-around for this, or do I just have to treat the NAS as an unmanaged system?
1 REPLY 1
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM and NAS 1200

The NAS1200s is similar hardware-wise to the ProLiant 100 series. The ProLiant Support Pack is for ProLiant BL and 300 series ML/DL and above.

The NAS1200s is based on Windows Storage Server 2003. Make sure you have SNMP loaded and configured so HP SIM can get up/down status from it. Beyond that, HP SIM can use WMI to gather information from it, so you'll be able to report on configuration and things like disk space, etc.

Make sure you have the WMI Mapper installed and that you have told HP SIM the proper credentials to access it in the WBEM section of the protocol settings.

One gotcha from WMI that breaks it: the underscore character ("_") as part of the host name. Underscores are actually disallowed under IANA rules, but Windows doesn't enforce it, so don't try to name the box with an underscore.