1753706 Members
4654 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM and VCRM Problem after VCRM Update

Chris Huelss
Occasional Contributor

SIM and VCRM Problem after VCRM Update

Hello, i have a Problem with my VCRM. After Updating my old VCRM to the newest Version, i get an error an my SIM link to the Repository. This one:
Error retrieving repository. Be sure a trust relationship is established with the repository device.

The SIM and the VCRM are on the same server and i have included the Certificat again, and i tried to use the Trust all mode, but i always get the same error.

Has anybody a suggestin how to fix this problem?

Sorry for this bad gramatical English =)
6 REPLIES 6
Kevin Brusky
Advisor

Could you provide more information, such as:

What version of HP SIM are you running?
What is the version of VCRM you installed?
If you re-install an older version of VCRM will the problem go away?

Chris Huelss
Occasional Contributor

The HP SIM version is 5.1 with SP!
The used VCRM Verion is 2.1.10.800 (A)
I have reinstalled the Version before and the Problem was alredy there. Only if i restore the backup the Problem is away.
hopkimi

I've seen this error myself and read several posts from people having this problem.

What is common to all scenarios seems to be having SIM and the VCRM on the same server.

I am going to move the VCRM to another machine and see if that solves the problem. If it does, I would be very interested to know why it broke in the first place AND if anyone has successfully gotten this to work with VCRM on the same server with SIM.
Kevin Brusky
Advisor

I think it's possible that the error message is bad (i.e. the issue isn't with trust relationship at all). The new version of VCRM sends an error code indicating it cannot respond to HP SIM because it's in the middle of building it's catalog. The new HP SIM (5.2) understands this code and displays the proper message, but versions of HP SIM before 5.2 may not.

Try waiting until the VCRM is finished building it's catalog before attempting to access it from HP SIM. One way to tell that the VCRM is finished building the catalog is to browse in directly to the VCRM and go to the catalog page. If it does not warn you that it's building, it should be finished.

You could also temporarily point the VCRM at an empty directory so that the catalog builds very quickly.
Chris Huelss
Occasional Contributor

Okay, the Repository is also rebuild, but the Problem is already there. Now i try to put the VCRM to another Server and hope this solves the Problem. But its realy bad, that the same configuration worked before i Updated the VCRM to the newest Version.
hopkimi

I transferred the VCRM to another server and I no longer have the error. The trust relationship works fine now.