Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752794 Members
5911 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM and the custField field

paulbrown

SIM and the custField field

I am throwing together a little custom webpage that will show some info about our machines we are tracking in SIM. I've noticed in the dbo.deviceCustomAttributes table there are a bunch of custField fields, custField1 through custField20, and a deviceKey field.

Is this table used anywhere within the SIM application, or is this table meant for people like me to go in and hijack those fields for my own use? Does anyone have experience with this table?
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM and the custField field

The HP SIM database should only be opened READ ONLY, and attempts to write to any fields in the database outside of the HP SIM application can cause the application to cease functioning.
paulbrown

Right, I understand that, but how does any information ever get into that particular table? How can I access these custom attributes the proper way?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Checking the Technical Reference Guide for the database table listing (http://www.hp.com/go/hpsim --> Information Library, page 663) there is no current field labeled this. It could be you are running an older version of HP SIM, or the table was left in place during an upgrade. It's also possible that it's from some other application such as Remote Support Pack.