1751709 Members
5258 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM console

SC_Dad
Visitor

SIM console

We are using Systems Insight Manager 7.4.0 - Windows.  We had a server lose power and we received an "System is unreachable" email message.  The server hung in POST for several days because the array configuration was lost.  We receive dozens of "unreachable" messages so I rely on the SIM console to alert me to problems.  The issue is that the SIM console had no entry in Critical Uncleared Events and did not increment the number of items in the System Status box.

Can someone tell me if that is the correct result given the scenario?  Email sent but no entry in the console?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Does your server use SNMP or WBEM protocol and did you configure the server to send events to the SIM server ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
SC_Dad
Visitor

WBEM.  The server is set up to send events to the SIM server.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Did you subscribe to WBEM events from SIM and is there a firewall.?

Kind regards,

Andrew
SC_Dad
Visitor

We have verified the setup.  It worked before the server hang and it works now after the OS was brought back up. What I want to know is are there two different processes.  One that sends the email and another that populates the console.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

The polling task that runs once every 5 or 10 minutes changes the status in SIM . SNMP or WBEM. Events send from either the monitored servers or ILO to the SIM server cause events that can trigger Email to be send depending the jobs configed in SIM.
Kind regards,

Andrew