Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1754017 Members
8018 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

SIM discovery process busted after WMI Mapper 2.4.0 upgrade

SIM discovery process busted after WMI Mapper 2.4.0 upgrade

I've recently upgraded the WMI Mapper from 2.3.0 to 2.4.0 on the SIM CMS, and also applied the latest Hotfix package for SIM 5.1 SP1 on my Windows Server 2003 SP2, and after that the auto discovery process identified one of the VMs on a VMware ESX 2.5.5 as an Unknown system, even though the WBEM global properties still have the correct credentials for accessing that machine. Has anybody experienced same kind of behaviour? Is there a problem with either of the Hotfixes or the WMI Mapper, or is it just me? Things were working fine before, now I'm just mad that I blow it by trying to keep my SIM server up to speed...
I've tried uninstalling the WMI Mapper 2.4.0 and installing the old WMI Mapper 2.3.0 but that didn't fix my problem, and I don't know if I can unistall the hotfixes from the SIM server... I'm now probably facing a complete rebuild, and I'm not happy at all.
1 REPLY 1
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM discovery process busted after WMI Mapper 2.4.0 upgrade

I have seen the wbem stuff get upset before.
You can try deleting the wbem entries for the device. Check out the mxnodesecurity command. You can use this to delete the required entry and then manually re-add the details.

In an extreme case I've deleted the entire mxnodesecurity.xml file and let HPSIM recreate it (just restart the service) and then re-add the credentials.