1753278 Members
5816 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM failed to update BIOS

Dwayne Skinner
Frequent Advisor

SIM failed to update BIOS

We are stared to use SIM to push firmware/drivers/agent and during the initial pass we found that certain things are getting updates. I was hoping the commnunity has ran into this before and can give some insight. I did try to search the forums but apparently I didn't search for the right question so I'm hoping you can help me avoid banging my head against the wall. Below is a list of components that failed. This is not a complete list I just added them as an exmaple.

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - Smart Array 6i
HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Adapter Kit for QLAxxxx Storport Driver for Windows Server 2003
HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Array Notification Driver for Windows Server 2003/2008
Various BIOS depending on the server model.
2 REPLIES 2
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Do your logs show anything?

I have run into trouble lately with the BIOS flashes not working all the time. In my case, I had to delete the administrator password to to into the BIOS on the server and then they would update.
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

I've had issues when pushing with SIM that sometimes components don't update because of the agents or a "required" item is not installed first. Are you able to do it after a second reboot?

Sometimes the System Management Controller Driver has to be installed before other components can be installed. Are you making a large jump in your components or just a 1 or 2 revision jump?