5058 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM identifies wrong system name / IP

JKytsi
Honored Contributor

SIM identifies wrong system name / IP

Hi,
We have lots of servers configured with many IPs/names. The problem is that when doing discovery/identify tasks. SIM will assosiate all names/IPs to server but it won't take the right name into use and when launching tasks to node it will use wrong IP.

Is there way to ignore these "packet IPs" and use only the servers own address ?
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM identifies wrong system name / IP

HPSIM just uses DNS for name resolution. So I would suggest getting DNS sorted.
Multiple IP addresses for a single server or IP addresses used in things like NLB can confuse it - I just add these to the Discovery Exclusion list.
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Hi,

DNS is fine, but we have several hundreds if servers and thousands of IPs so it would too much handwork to exclude.

JKytsi
Honored Contributor

the problem was that SIM takes wrong name into use... it belongs to subpacket IP of the server but it is not the HW name.

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I don't know what you mean by "it belongs to subpacket IP of the server but it is not the HW name."
Do you have more than one IP address per server?
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Yes.

As a workaround I discover only the "primary IPs" for the server and then server name stays right.

but if I discover range of IPs including the "correct" and packet IPs it will assosiate wrong name = name of some of those packets --> and when running a task to this wrong name it will try to run it in an IP what DNS correctly translates.