4136 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

SIM - incorrect serial number retrieved

azhar_2
Occasional Advisor

SIM - incorrect serial number retrieved

Hi,

Have a customer who has SIM as well as IRS 5.7 advanced isntalled versions listed below.

Product Name                                                     Version Number

Federated Search                                                0.9

HP Insight managed system setup wizard   7.1.0.2867

HP Insight Management                                    7.1

HP Insight Management Advisor                     7.1.0

HP Insight Remote Support                               A.05.70

The issue i have is that some of the EVA's details are being incorrectly retrieved eg incorrect serial number. Ive tried changing the serial number however when i apply the changes the changes are not saved.

This is causing an issue, as the incorrect serial number only has 9x5 warranty, whereas the correct serial number has a 6hr fix 24x7 SLA attached to it.

Any suggestions???

5 REPLIES 5
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SIM - incorrect serial number retrieved

The easy part this is not a SIM / IRS issue because the EVA Serial number can not be accessed by most of the EVA product.

You should enter the correct serial and product number inside SIM.

Perhaps you check first the information  on the Support Center warranty check web page. www.hp.com/go/hpsc

After some time the change in the system properties inside SIM should be passed to IRSA webes.

You can verify the update https://your-sim-server:7906 in the managed system list.

If you cannot see the the information you entered in SIM system properties after a 1-3 hours you should check the webes logs for a synchronization problem. You description of the error looks like a change inside WEBS which will be over written after some time by the values set inside SIM.

You should also know that HP will support the customer to get it up an running. Only a valid HW maintenance contract is required to get the support IRSA for free.

azhar_2
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

The issue is more a SIM issue than an IRS one. As you pointed out the serial number should be entered in SIM which will then synchronise with IRS.

However, the problem i am having is that when the correct serial number is entered in SIM, the changes are not saved. As a result the incorrect serial number is reflected in IRS as well.

Tx...

shocko
Honored Contributor

The serial and product number are generally set at factory on the BIOS. Often when boards are replaced this info is missing. Make sure it's present.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Tushar Bajpai
Trusted Contributor

The issue i have is that some of the EVA's details are being incorrectly retrieved eg incorrect serial number. Ive tried changing the serial number however when i apply the changes the changes are not saved.

- The fix is on the way, look for HPSIM 7.1 Hotfix (the issue is fixed in that).

if it helped, award me Kudos or Points. Thanks :)

\T Bajpai
HP Employee

Tushar Bajpai
Trusted Contributor

Fixed in HPSIM 7.1 Hotfix: 

Hotfix Update Kit for HP Systems Insight Manager 7.1.1 - Windows (Aug 2012). Download and apply the fix.

if it helped, award me Kudos or Points. Thanks :)

\T Bajpai
HP Employee