Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM is not reporting the Hardware Inventory

John William Polonio
Occasional Visitor

SIM is not reporting the Hardware Inventory

Hi,

I was able to successfully installed the SIM in one of my server, apparently I tried to get the Hardware information yet It gives me the following errors

The device does not have any supported instrumentation.

Please advice how can I get correct this error.

Thank you
5 REPLIES
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM is not reporting the Hardware Inventory

What is that server model? Is that properly identified in SIM as correct product model and proper information on system page?
John William Polonio
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have a ML570 G3, DL380 G3, G4, G5.

How will I know if SIM recognizes this as a correct model.

Please Advice?
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Hi When you discover it in SIM by IP Address/DNS Name Go to that device page it will show you Name/IP, serial number and then expand product description it will show all details like model, OS and other.
Hope you will figure out n reply soon.
John William Polonio
Occasional Visitor

I actually did that, but at first it will show unconfigured HP for the OS it will say embedded, so i change those with like HP Server for OS i change it to Windows, for serial numbers I am hoping it will be discovered. yet it does not so what i did is to entered it manually.

For more info, the account that i am using is the administrator account of each of the server. I dont know if there is related.

I hope we can figure this out.

Thank you
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

You don't need to enter anything there manually. it should recognize everything fine. Is it recognizing Model Name of blades fine?