1753659 Members
5515 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM locking out user account

JayJJ
Occasional Visitor

SIM locking out user account

I am running SIM 5.2 on my management server and I log into SIM with an account that is a local account on the management server. Last week we reset a password on an account (PATADMIN) that is a member of the active directory domain admins group. Since the password change to this domain admin account every time the system insight service runs on my management server the domain admin account (PATADMIN) locks out. To my knowledge I am not using this (PATADMIN)account to run SIM on my management server, I am using the local account (SIMADMIN) that was set up to run SIM on the management server. Not sure if there is a background process that SIM kicks off that would use the domain admin account and lock it out since the password change, Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks
JayJJ
2 REPLIES 2
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

Re: SIM locking out user account

JayJJ,
Check all of your services on your SIM server most likely it is using that domain account and since the password change that service tries to logon with the incorrect password and causes all kinds of grief. Also, you might want to check to make sure that account wasn't used on another service account on your network.
VRC
Valued Contributor

Re: SIM locking out user account

Check if HPSIM uses this account for data base connectivity.

-VRC