Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751907 Members
4748 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM not identiying SOME proliants

Alan Coleman_1

SIM not identiying SOME proliants

Does anybody have any idea why some of my HP Proliant DL380's are not being identified by HPSIM?

They are all installed using Smart Start, all have Windows 2003 Server OS. I always add the systems manually, but only some of them are identified even though they have identical settings. They can ALL connect to the Version Control Repository that is installed on the same HPSIM server.

Even after a manual identify then are classed as unknow.

Many thanks
AlanC
5 REPLIES 5
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Do they have insight agents installed successfully? SNMP configured on those sevrers? try and configure/repair agents...
Alan Coleman_1

Yes, all work fine. management homepage shows fine. SNMP setup. Tried configure/repair, no difference.

If I choose to replice setttings it reports "No, does not support the SMH protocol."

Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

Do the servers have multiple NICs or multiple IP addresses assigned to the same NIC?

If so it's possible the SMH is not listening on the IP address that SIM discovered for the server.

The latest version (2.1.3.132) of the SMH has a fix for this issue.
Alan Coleman_1

Ahh, could be getting somewhere here.

Multiple nics, but teamed, 1 ip address only, BUT
If i browse the one that works https://citrix3:2381 I can get the SMH, but if I try the other 2 servers they don't respond. I do have the latest SMH installed.

Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

To easily check what addresses the SMH is listening on you can use the free TcpView utility from

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html

the SMH listens on ports 2031 and 2381