I forgot my password for the System Management Homepage
How can I set it back.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SIM password lost for System Management Homepage

If you are running SIM 4.2 you can use the new "Configure or Repair Agents" task to reset the password.
Rosco_1
Frequent Advisor

Or you can copy the CPQHMMD.ACL file from C:\compaq\WBEM over from another server if you know the passwords for that one and restart the webagent.

Christian Mentschik
Regular Advisor

please correct me, if i├В┬┤m wrong, but with system management homepage you have to login with your windows acount (which is in the admin group localy).

christi
Hense, Klaus
Valued Contributor

Hallo, Connect with HP-SIM4.x or CIM7 to the Server Managment Homepage (this use the certifikat) and then you can change the password!
klhe

Hello Chrisitan,

the accounts for the System Managment Hompage are independent of the operating system. They are stored in a file ending with .ACL as mentioned above.
Usually the accounts "Administrator","Operator" and "User" are defined. You specify this passwords when you install a server with a smart start CD from the 7.x series before inserting the OS CD.
When you use the remote deployment utility you have to specifiy them for every component related to it (Foundation Agents, HP Managment Agents) before you can deploy them.

Best regards

Andi
wobble
Occasional Advisor

greate it's working fine now.
Christian Mentschik
Regular Advisor

hello andi,

i think there was a change! the old agents were working with Administrator, Operator and User. the new one are only working with windows accounts (only on windows systems).
best regards
christian
Rosco_1
Frequent Advisor

Everyone should note that there's a vunerability for Systems Homepage now. See below but as a bonus of patching which doesn't require a reboot with a great distribution method now (you can push out to 100's of servers in less than an hour)you now have the new Kerbos enabled homepage and can use AD or local admin users to authenticate, no more Admin, Operator, User! Which is nice...

If you're 6.40 and upwards you should install.

You only need one of the below to be secure but The patch can be pre-configured to set the Systems Management Server trusted certificate and use Kerberos authentication so can use local and AD accounts as mentioned, all preconfigured before you install.

1. SP29008.exe
HP Web-Enabled Management Software Security Patch for Windows
version 5.96 (17 Dec 04)

2. Cp005251.exe
HP System Management Homepage for Windows
version 2.0.1.104 (14 Feb 05)

A vulnerability has been reported in HP HTTP Server, which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a vulnerable system.

The vulnerability is caused due to an unspecified boundary error within the handling of input parameters and can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow.

Successful exploitation may allow execution of arbitrary code.

The vulnerability affects HP web-enabled management products running HP HTTP Server versions 5.0 through 5.95.

SOLUTION:
Update to HP HTTP Server 5.96 or Systems Management Hompage version 2.0.

Management Software Security Patch for Windows Version 5.96:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/Server/us/download/22192.html

Rosco.