108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM v51 installation drive\location

SOLVED
Go to solution
SIMQA
Occasional Advisor

SIM v51 installation drive\location

I am trying to do an install of SIM 5.1 SP1.

I need to be able to specify an installation drive other than the default of C:. I know I can change the XML file тАЬbaseInstallLocationтАЭ when doing a silent install, but I would prefer not to do a silent install.

I have used both the "typical" and "custom install" options, and have not found a place to change the install location.

I have not seen any other way to change this, in the documentation or on the forum.

IтАЩm assuming there is something simple I am missing somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Rider
Trusted Contributor
Solution

The drive can be specified from custom installation. During the installation at the point of HP SIM, it gives option to change the drive path.

The Drive location cannot be specified as we specify for database or service parameters. It can done only during at the point of HP SIM installation
A Real man makes his own luck
SIMQA
Occasional Advisor

Thanks.

If I understand your response, you're saying when the "main" install runs use the custom option, but the option to change the drive letter won't come up until after I get a message that there is "Insufficient space to install on Drive C" when the sub-components start to install (SMH, OpenSSH, etc)?

The option to change the drive letter only comes up when the "sub-component" is installed and will need to be specified for each sub-component?

If this is not correct, I would greatly appreciate a screen shot or some help to identify specifically where this option is supposed to be, because I sure don't see it.

Thanks again.
Rider
Trusted Contributor

The option comes up after the installtion of sub-components i.e (SMH, OpenSSH, etc). At the point of HP SIM installation, user is given an option to the drive letter or drive location. This is via Custom installation.
A Real man makes his own luck
SIMQA
Occasional Advisor

Resolved