108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM5 certificate file

SOLVED
Go to solution
Wim Panhorst
Advisor

SIM5 certificate file

I have installed SIM 5.0SP4 in a CMS under Windows 2003. I want to configure my target servers from the CMS. I therefore click "Deploy>Deploy Drivers,Firmware and Agents>Initial ProLiant Support Pack Install". In step 4 of the following process, I have the possibility to configure the system management homepage on a target system. One of the options in the SMHP configuration is the trust mode setting. If trust by certificate is selected, by a browse button I can select the certificate file. Can someone please tell me where on the CMS this file is stored?
3 REPLIES 3
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SIM5 certificate file

Hi,

A more simpler option would be to access SMH on host server, under options->securtiy select Trusted Management servers and then in the box for Insight Manager server type the name and just add cert.
It should work then.
Nick Morris
Advisor
Solution

If CMS is installed in default location, it should be at:

C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\hpwebadmin\webapps\ROOT\mxportal\security\servcert.cer

Nick

Wim Panhorst
Advisor

Hi Nick and Albert,

As Nick gave me the path, I tried to do it in the way I originally intended. But SIM doesn't work as it should: the certificate is not loaded. I then concluded that I prefer the solution proposed by Albert.

Thanks to both.