1748106 Members
4881 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SIM75_hotfix_2016_Apr_win.exe - Install Fails

David Claussen
Regular Advisor

SIM75_hotfix_2016_Apr_win.exe - Install Fails

I cannot get the 7.5.1 (7.5 hotfix1) file to install on my newly created HP SIM 7.5 server.

Running the file fails, but does unpack the other files. Running the INSTALL.BAT file as an admin, as the service account that starts all of th HP services (in the local admin group) and simply selecting run as admin all yield the following results:

This make take a few minutes...

Running from: C:\Windows\system32

SIM Location: C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager

HP Systems Insight Manager 7.5 found.
SIM Mode: x64
Stopping services...
Stopping "HP Systems Insight Manager"

The HP Systems Insight Manager service is stopping.......
The HP Systems Insight Manager service was stopped successfully.

Stopping other dependent services
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,498 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Matrix OE infrastructure orchestration : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,499 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop RSCentral : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,499 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop RSJRAS : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,499 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Matrix infrastructure chargeback : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,499 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Logical Server Automation : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,499 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Application Discovery : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,499 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Global Workload Manager Central Management Server : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,499 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Agentless Data Collector Service : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,500 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Storage Provisioning Manager Service : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,500 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Extensible Storage and Server Adapter : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,500 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Agentless Collection for Linux Systems : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,500 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Capacity Advisor Data Service : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,500 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Insight Control virtual machine management Service : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,500 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Version Control Repository Manager : Stopped
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,502 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Insight Control server migration Application Service : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,502 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Insight Control server migration Web Service : NoSuchServiceInstalled
25 Jul 2016 11:35:08,502 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Service Stop HP Systems Insight Manager : Stopped

Delaying 10 second(s)

removing the existing patch directory "C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\patch"
Copying HOTFIX75_001.jar to "C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\patch"
Restarting services...
Starting "HP Systems Insight Manager"

The HP Systems Insight Manager service was started successfully.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary report
-------------------------------------------------------------------
*** ERROR updating "HP Systems Insight Manager" ***

Press any key to continue . . .

Any help is appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

If you look at the about screen, does it show the hotfixes that should be installed? How many fixes did you see? The hotfix should have been 1,3 Gb in size. You could try to empty the patch directory and retry the patch.

Kind regards,

Andrew
David Claussen
Regular Advisor

The folder C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\patch is empty.

Attached it what the SIM server's about box looks like.

It did take me about five tries to get the 1.3GB file itself. None of the links would download the whole file. I had to use a download manager and it finally made it through.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

I also had a lot of trouble to download the fix, if you change the exe extension and change it to zip unpack the patch and see if the hotfixes are available, you could try to put the files in the patch directory and see if SIM will start. Then you need to run the updates for the other programs like SMH and Open Pegasus.

Kind regards,

Andrew
David Claussen
Regular Advisor

I did have to unpack the files "manually". I also had to copy the STREXP.EXE to C:\windows\system32 to get as far as I did get.

I copied the entire folder, unpacked from the initial .EXE file, to c:\program files\HP\System Insight Manager\patch and ran INSTALL.BAT as admin from there.  Same results. Tried copying the contents of the FILES folder from the unpacked file to the referenced folder - same results.

Has ANYONE been able to install this hotfix?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Weĺl i did but by running the original exe file! The download costed me a try or 50 but when the download finaly went oke i updated 8 setups that ran the 7.5 clean installed without the earlier patch for 7.5.

Kind regards,

Andrew
David Claussen
Regular Advisor

As it turns out, I ran the initial .EXE file again, and let it unpack where it want to unpack (my temp folder I guess). After that, everything ran as it should and I have the update(s) installed.

I was telling it to unpack to C:\123 when this al started all of this and I guess that is what messed it up.

So, run the EXE, as ADMIN, let it unpack to the folder it pre-selected and you'll be off to the races.

Thanks for the input eveyone!

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Glad it works sometimes it's just something stupid like a virusscanner locking a file. Sometimes  you never get why a thirth install of the same file works.. computers......

Kind regards,

Andrew