6869 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SMH Data Source

NPSysAdmin
Occasional Visitor

SMH Data Source

Morning All

Im looking to change the SMH data source from WBEM to SNMP on all our Proliant servers. Currently we are running HP Insight Control Manager (central resource) V6.2

We have in the something like 200+ servers managed via Insight Control, Is anyone aware of a task that can be run from this resource to modify the SMH data source on all the servers rather then having to visit each individual server in turn to modify the setting..

Thanks for you help..

4 REPLIES 4
shocko
Honored Contributor

When you install the WBEM providers the SMH data source will automatically change to WBEM as far as I remember so you wouldn't have to do anything! Have you already deployed the WBEM providers?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
NPSysAdmin
Occasional Visitor

Hi Shocko

The WBEM providers have already been deployed so as you rightly said the data source is currently set to WBEM, we wish to change this to SNMP on each client.

Thanks
MariusGillesen
Advisor

You should be able to use the Replicate Agent Settings.

The function of setting data source it's a relatively new function.

Just configure one server and replicate its settings to the rest.

You should find it under "HP Insight Management Configuration WebApp" / "Data Source Information" / DataSource Information" / "WebApp (Value is x)"

shocko
Honored Contributor

The replicate agent settings will work for the most part to change it back depending on the version of SMH/Agents. If you uninstall the WBEM providers it will also change it back but this may be undesirable.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)