1753754 Members
4627 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SMH Time out

GeorgeMc

SMH Time out

I seem to be having an issue with an error when I try to open the SMH homepage. the error "A timeout occurred while loading data for the HP System Management Home[age which may result in missing or incomplete information." after I click OK it opens the page and the HP VCA is missing from the center of the page. when I click on the VCA on the left side it also times out with this error " The version control agent encountered an error while obtaining the software and firmware inventory". after doing some poking around I found that if I stop the "HP Insight Foundation Agents" sevice the home page opens quick and shows the VCA option in the center. and when I click on it it to opens up but I do not get the comparison list. After reading a lot of foprums I do have the following in SNMP localhost for security and trap trust all. it's on a windows 2003 server
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: SMH Time out

1 All you re server SNMP setting are set for TRAPS>Communite name(correc name),TRAPS>Communite name>traps destination> 1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1
#2 All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name(correc name),All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name> Accepted packet from these host>1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1.

3# in youre Home page manegement>Setting>Securite
A_IP Binding-Nothing
B_IP Restricted Login-Nothing
C_Local Server Certificate-Nothing
D_Local/Anonymous Access-Nothing
E_Trust Mode>Secure Trust Modes:Trust by Certificate
F_Trusted Management Servers>Importe you Insight server certificate
G_User Groups-Nothing

Verify witht this standart.
I the passe if it's not in the center VCA,you should be able to see it on the left of the HPM
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

1 All you re server SNMP setting are set for TRAPS>Communite name(correc name),TRAPS>Communite name>traps destination> 1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1
#2 All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name(correc name),All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name> Accepted packet from these host>1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1.

3# in youre Home page manegement>Setting>Securite
A_IP Binding-Nothing
B_IP Restricted Login-Nothing
C_Local Server Certificate-Nothing
D_Local/Anonymous Access-Nothing
E_Trust Mode>Secure Trust Modes:Trust by Certificate
F_Trusted Management Servers>Importe you Insight server certificate
G_User Groups-Nothing

Verify witht this standart.
I the passe if it's not in the center VCA,you should be able to see it on the left of the HPM clique on it
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor