cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMH certificate errors

Googleberry
Occasional Advisor

SMH certificate errors

I am having issues with importing signed certificates; it is returning an error PCKS #7 Import failed on the SMH. When I go to the trusted managed servers and import the SIM certificate it imports ok but when I go to view the certificate it errors with certificate is not in the list of trusted certificates. I am aware that this is a known problem and the fixes that have been provided are not working.

Has anyone managed to get this resolved?
Windows 2003 environment with HPSIM5

thanks
2 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: SMH certificate errors

I'm not quite sure where you're using the certificates.
For a Trust relationship to work between the HPSIM Server and client servers then it is just the Certificate from the HPSIM Server that is needed.
This can be installed from the client server by just entering the name of the HPSIM Server into the "Add certificate from server" box.

In addition the HP Agents can be pre-configured with the HPSIM Server certificate, the best way I've found is to just export the certificate, open it in Notepad and do a cut and paste as required in the Agent configuration screen. Agents can be configured either via the VCRM or by running setup.exe from a PSP.
Googleberry
Occasional Advisor

Re: SMH certificate errors

Hi Thanks for your reply,
I have tried importing the HPSIM server certificate into the client servers SMH, it imports correctly but when I try to view the certificate it says that the certificate is not in the list of trusted certificates.
I have tried the CUT+PASTE method and also putting in both the server name and have also tried using the IP address but i get the same result.