New Discussion юеВ

Re: SMH of SIM host system not reachable from within HP SIM

Ferry Steenvoorde
Valued Contributor

Jens Schr├╢der
Frequent Advisor

I followed the step by step procedure: no success. The communication between HP SIM and its host server does work, it receives events etc.
Also, from an alternative HP SIM installation (test environment) the SMH of the HP SIM test host is regularly available, whereas the SMH of the HP SIM host in question can't be called from within HP SIM. Funnily on the system page a click on the health status link produces a pop up window saying: "Properties: [hostname] ... Unknown WBEM error".
I've rechecked the SMH security settings, but couldn't detect anything....?
Jens Schr├╢der
Frequent Advisor

We found the source of our problem; we figured it had to be a local security issue: HP SIM 5 takes "advantage" of the Internet Explorer configuration. Since Windows 2003 Server by default the IE Enhanced Security Configuration is activated, which causes that the SMH of the SIM host itself cannot be called from within HP SIM. As soon as we uninstalled the IE ESC (via Add/Remove Windows Components), the SMH was available again.
Thanks for your suggestions anway!
Jens Schr├╢der
Frequent Advisor

Maybe not the final solution, but I found the reason based on the operation system configuration.