5193 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SMH shows everything but storage info

Ulli Kassner
Occasional Advisor

SMH shows everything but storage info

Hi all,

I'm running a DL385 G7 with SmartArray P410i Controller and SAS Disks under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I used

deb http://downloads.linux.hpe.com/SDR/downloads/MCP/ubuntu trusty current/non-free

to install the latest SMH and additional packages:

• hpsmh
  • hp-snmp-agents
  • hp-smh-templates
  • hponcfg
  • hp-health
  • hpacucli

I ran /sbin/hpsnmpconfig and can now access the SMH just fine. Data source is SNMP and I can see the status of iLo, power supply, temperature and so on. What I cannot see is information about storage, controller oder disks. In /var/log/hp-snmp-agents/cma.log I found the following message:

cmascsid[2153]: SCSI agent (cmascsid) does not find any supported dumb SCSI controller

Besides from sounding quite funny, I'm wondering what keeps the SMH from showing storage information? Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks

Ulli

1 REPLY 1
Ulli Kassner
Occasional Advisor

Re: SMH shows everything but storage info

I found that also the NIC information is missing and that /var/log/hp-snmp-agents/cma.log stated heaps of errors about MIBs. The later could be fixed by

apt-get install snmp-mibs-downloader

Also in Ubuntu 14.04 /var/log/messages was superseded by /var/log/syslog, what lead to an error message. I went for the quick fix here and created a symlink:

ln -s /var/log/syslog /var/log/messages

Restarting snmpd, hp-snmp-agent and hpsmh fixed the log from all the before seen errors, but the problem remains the same: no disk statuses or NIC information in the SMH :-(