6421 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SMHP: binding to only one IP ?

Lentes
Occasional Advisor

SMHP: binding to only one IP ?

Hello,

i habe HP-SMHP 2.1.8-177 running on a ProLiant ML 350 G4p, SLES 10 SP1. I created a second IP to the network-card. The second one is for access from the internet. Now HPSMHP listens on both IP's. But i wanted HPSMHP to be bind just to one IP. I tried that with HPSMHP ==> settings ==> security ==> IP binding and put there just the one IP i want HPSMHP to have listen on. After saving and restarting hpsmhd it still listens on both IP's. Any idea ?
Thanks. Bernd
3 REPLIES 3
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I know nothing about Linux, but I seem to remember with Windows a version of the SMH that had a bug in it that caused this problem. I don't remember the version but I think it was pretty old.

What SP did your version of the SMH come with? Perhaps you have an older version with this bug in it.

Nelson
Lentes
Occasional Advisor

hello Nelson,

how can i find out the version of the SP ?
If i start the Linux Deployment Utility, it says that nearly all parts of the PSP require a re-install. !?! Strange.
Asking the SuSE Paketmanager, i found out that i have SMHP 2.1.8-17 as already mentioned.
Bernd
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

No idea - but I know how to find out in Windows...

My version of SMHP on Windows is v2.1.11.197, which appears to be newer than what you have - but I don't know if there is an exact match in the latest version of Linux compared to the lastest version of Windows. Try downloading the latest Support Pack from HP for Linux and install that.

Nelson