7604 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SMI-S for CommandView 8.0.2 and ECC

BB21
Advisor

SMI-S for CommandView 8.0.2 and ECC

Hi,
I'm trying to get my ECC (EMC Control Center) sw to discover my EVA8000s. The 8000s are managed by CV8.0.2. What are the Namespace and default account and password that I should be using for the discovery agent? When I try root/EVA the discovery just finds the arrays not the detail. root/pg_interop doesn't discover anything. Also is there a specific account and password that must be used. I use a local account caled hpsupport (local admin) and it seems to work in that discovery does not return any authorization errors (I get these if I use a bad acct and or password). Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

IIRC CV 8.0 changed to use either local server or AD Credentials. The account may also need to be added to the HP Storage Groups that the CV install creates. So unlike CV 7 there's no default account / password.

Again from memory the namespace is root/pg_interop.

To test connectivity you can use the wbemdisco command procedure if you have HPSIM installed anywhere. Not sure if it's available separately anywhere.
BB21
Advisor

Thanks Rob. root/pg_interop doesn't seem to work, I think it the namespace for CV v5. The local HP account seems to work (hpsupport). I'm not getting account or password errors that I'd see with incorrect account information. It's just discovery the arrays and not collecting any additional information.

I've opened a case with EMC also. Could be a bug but figured I'd reach out to see if anyone can help.

Thanks
Harry_IV
Advisor

Interop
BB21
Advisor

I tried root/interop as well as just Interop. Seems to locate just the arrays but does not discover all of the array objects. I have EMC looking at it as well.
Just checking if anyone else has this working.
Thanks
sirfire
Advisor

Hi BB21,

Harry IV has your answer.

The version of HP Storageworks CV8.0 or later has updated or simplified the "namespace" it used to be "root/pg_interop" it has now changed to just "interop" if you change these settings and still use your username and password you did prior you will find your ECC program will work.