4611 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SMP Universal licenses when integrated into HPSIM

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

SMP Universal licenses when integrated into HPSIM

Hi All,
A bit new but I've rushed into installing VM 3.0 and the new SMP Universal onto the CMS Server.
All has gone pretty well. The only issue I have is confusion over the SMP P2V licenses that we have.
The installation docs indicate SMP Licenses will be migrated to the new SMP.
But from SMP Universal it says there are no P2V licenses available.
From HPSIM things are a tad more confusing. We have 30 licenses, 3 are used, HPSIM lists 18 Unassigned, 3 Used and 9 Assigned to a server listed as "SMPLicenses"
There is a license migration tool but I'm not that keen to start using that at the moment.
If anyone has already implemented or played with this and has an idea of what licences I should see and where it would be most appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Scott Shockley
Occasional Advisor

Where you ever able to resolve this? We are having the same issue?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

In the docs for SMP there are procedures of how to export and import the licenses from HPSIM. I used that process and it worked. It's mainly for moving the licenses if SMP is on a different server, but it worked here where they're on the same one.
Scott Shockley
Occasional Advisor

Thanks. I just went through the same process and it work for me also. (Though the instructions could be a little better.)
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Yes - I found that as well, must admit to being a bit nervous that I was about to lose all of my licenses.
Jimmy Tn
Occasional Advisor

Hi!

I'm trying to use the instructions "Using License Migration Tool to migrate SMP 2.x licenses" to import Flexible Quantity SMP licenses to SMP Universal on my CMS.
We do not have an old SMP 2.x installation left and the licenses is shown correctly in HP SIM's license Manager.
The trick is to migrate those licenses but could anyone explain the proper steps because the instructions is kind of unclear to me?