4852 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SMS Alerts

David OBoyle
Occasional Contributor

SMS Alerts

Hi All,

I currently have sms enabled and we receive messages for critical events on our servers.

The only problem is that for example if we receive an alert for a power failure it sends it over 2 sms messages

Any ideas how i can amend this to just send it one 1 sms
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: SMS Alerts

You can use the Custom Command option and format a message using variables sent from HPSIM.
I use perl to format messages in a particular way for processing into our call handling system automatically. I get the perl script to call blat to do the e-mailing of the formatted file.
David OBoyle
Occasional Contributor

thanks for the reply

Were do i find the option to create a custom command, is this under tools?

regards
johnaspl121

Hello!

If the SMS notification system you are using is splitting the message into multiple SMS messages, there may not be a way to change this directly within the system.

However, there are some potential workarounds you could consider:

1. Check if the SMS notification system has an option to increase the character limit of each message. If you can increase the limit, you may be able to fit the entire message into one SMS.

2. Modify the content of the message so that it is shorter and can fit into one SMS. For example, instead of including detailed information about the power failure, you could simply state that a power failure has occurred and provide a reference number or link to more information.

3. Look into alternative notification systems that may be able to send longer messages or combine messages into one. For example, some services offer voice notifications or email notifications that may be more suitable for longer messages.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Source: SMSala Bulk SMS Provider