1752770 Members
5396 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SNMP Pass-through iLO

scotted
Frequent Advisor

SNMP Pass-through iLO

I have not been able to successfully send test events from iLO. I can send test events from the SMH, but from iLO no luck. I have the following set in iLO under Administration -> SNMP Insight Manager Settings:

SNMP Alert Destination: IP Address of SIM CMS
Enable iLO SNMP Alerts: Yes
Forward Insight Manager Agent SNMP Alerts: Yes
Enable SNMP Pass-Thru: Yes

Still cannot get alerts to the CMS...any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
scotted
Frequent Advisor

Re: SNMP Pass-through iLO

I has to added the Management Procesor to the CMS to see the alert test trap....will this also send SIM agent traps to the CMS? Will SIM Agents traps show up under the actual server of the iLO name?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not sure if you need the last two items as you'd expect the HP Agent itself to send the SNMP trap directly to the HPSIM Server.
The SNMP Trap generated from an ILO I would expect to see listed under the ILO itself.

With the latter two options enabled my guess is that you'd get an SNMP trap from the Server directly to HPSIM and in addition a trap from the ILO.

Under HPSIM if the ILO's are listed, click on that and then the Events tab. The trap sent should be listed there and may just be an informational generic trap.
scotted
Frequent Advisor

If I sent a test trap from the SMH it only shows up under the nodename of the server not the managment processor of the server in the events tab. I would have expected it to show under both.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Tend to agree, unless it's clever enough to know. But SNMP isn't usually that clever.

Just tested here, I don't normally use it, the settings were;
SNMP destination set with an IP Address.
SNMP Alerts and SNMP Pass thru' enabled, forward from insight agent left disabled.
I also entered the name of the server that has the ilo in the Insight Manager Web URL box.
Send Trap produced a Generic Major trap in the Events for the ILO.

ILO FW listed as 1.88.

Any chance the ILO's are on a different subnet and firewalls or similar are stopping the traps?
Are your ILO's in the HPSIM discovery range and listed etc.