Re: SNMP Traps From Managed Nodes Not Received in HP SIM 6.0

SNMP Traps Issue

SNMP Traps From Managed Nodes Not Received in HP SIM 6.0

SNMP Traps From Managed Nodes Not Received in HP SIM 6.0
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Sometimes being brief is good. Other times a bit more info would be useful. Maybe add a bit more on what you've done / tested and what the environment looks like.
SNMP Traps Issue

Applogize for not providing more details about the issue. Recently we have come across disk failures on HP servers managed nodes,for these failures SNMP traps are not generated on HP SIM server. I have tried test SNMP traps but no results.One more observation, i am able to see traps generated for system shutdown and system start but not for hadrware failures.
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

If the traps generated by the system shutdown/restart (link up/link down/coldstart) are received, then SNMP is correctly configured and the CMS can receive them.
On the CMS, enable the unregistered events in Options/Events/Events Filter Settings then send again a test trap from the managed node using the HP agents snap-in (control panel).
If the event is not received, is probably means the problem is on the managed node.
If the event is received as an unregistered trap, then you must reimport the HP mibs.
SNMP Traps Issue

Thanks for the information, as mentioned i tried to generate SNMP traps but failed to do so. None of the traps(including unregistered) are being generated. As mentioned it seems to be issue on the nodes, could you please let me know what changes needs to be done on the managed nodes.