New Discussion юеВ

Re: SNMP config

SOLVED
Go to solution
WendyR
Occasional Advisor

SNMP config

Hi
I have a HP SIM CMS server up and running. It is receiving SNMP alerts from NetWare servers.

I am now trying to have a Windows 2003 server send alerts to the HP SIM CMS server. I can't find where to set SNMP settings to tell it what SIM CMS server to send them to. I didn't install the entire HP Support Pack on this server, and maybe that is making me miss a piece? I individually installed Sys Mgmt Homepage, Sys Mgmt Controller Driver, Remote Monitor, IML, and Version Control Agent. I can access SNMP settings in the HP Mgmt Agent, but it doesn't give me many options. How do I tell it what HP SIM CMS server to send the SNMP alerts to?

Help??
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Administrative Tools --> Services --> SNMP and you'll find it on the Traps tab.

If you pick and choose components from the PSP you'll have holes in what is reported in the management agents.
WendyR
Occasional Advisor

Hi
Thank you for your response. That was what I was missing, configuring the Traps on the SNMP service. Excellent!

I have a question about installing the PSP on a Windows server. If I install the whole PSP, does it install only what matches the hardware on the server, or what is the best way to install it?

I support mainly NetWare servers, so I am not as familiar with installing the PSP on Windows servers..

Thanks for your help!

> Administrative Tools --> Services --> SNMP > and you'll find it on the Traps tab.

> If you pick and choose components from the > PSP you'll have holes in what is reported
> in the management agents.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, the components are intelligent enough to know what hardware is there and if the driver is needed or not, and even the correct order of installation.
WendyR
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, you have been a big help.