New Discussion юеВ

SNMP not installed?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lee Chee Wei
Occasional Contributor

SNMP not installed?

Hi,

I am trying to install the HP SIM on my laptop in order to do remote monitoring on teh servers. However, i get a prompt saying atht SNMP was not installed.

How do I go about solving this? (sorry, beginner here)
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SNMP not installed?

If you don't have at least 2GB of RAM, a 2GHz processor and a fast hard drive on your laptop, I wouldn't recommend it. However, SNMP comes from the OS, presumably Windows on your laptop.

Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs --> Windows Components --> Management and Monitoring Tools --> SNMP
Jesse Zellmer
Frequent Advisor

Hi Lee -

Are you saying you want to install the actual HP SIM (CMS = Central Management Server) software on your laptop?

When we do remote management, we access the HP SIM console via a web address < https://servername:50000 >. The server that HP SIM is installed on has IIS, so that allows us to access this web page, from anywhere on the network. I assume you are going to be using some sort of VPN connection to access your network remotely?
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Hy Lee,

David is wright,but what is recommande is to install this kind of software it is recommade tho install it on Proliant server,it you will see wierd kind of problem, that no one willl have never seen.

Laptop are made to disconnecte from network time to time ,you might miss a criticale error on you're network.

Dan
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

1 All you re server SNMP setting are set for TRAPS>Communite name(correc name),TRAPS>Communite name>traps destination> 1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1

#2 All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name(correc name),All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name> Accepted packet from these host>1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1.

3# in youre Home page manegement>Setting>Securite
A_IP Binding-Nothing
B_IP Restricted Login-Nothing
C_Local Server Certificate-Nothing
D_Local/Anonymous Access-Nothing
E_Trust Mode>Secure Trust Modes:Trust by Certificate
F_Trusted Management Servers>Importe you Insight server certificate
G_User Groups-Nothing.

This client installation

I would just like to add that IIS is *not* required on the CMS(HPSIM server) for HPSIM to be remotely accessible. It uses its own Apache server.

Marc