108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SNMP not working on RedHat

SOLVED
Go to solution
cybercoaster
Frequent Advisor

SNMP not working on RedHat

I have successfully installed and configured hpasm on a Red Hat 5.4x64 system. SIM pulls all the correct data in once I allowed root access via ssh. However I can seem to get SNMP working as a protocol. I performed a configure/repair agents and SIM modifies the snmpd.conf file correctly but when I do an identify, it says there is no SNMP configured. Do I need to install the hp-snmp-agents as well? I thought hpasm did. Do I have to install SMH on the system too? I am trying to conifigure the min set of agents in order to obtain traps for hardware faults. I cant seem to locate a good doc on what a Red Hat system needs for SIM.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
cybercoaster
Frequent Advisor

Re: SNMP not working on RedHat

I just installed the full PSP and it said it installed SMH, snmp etc... I did repair in SIM and it modified snmpd.conf but when I do an identify in SIM, comes back SMH not installed, SNMP did not respond.

Whats the trick?
Mahmoud Ibrahim
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
Did you check your firewall settings as my be the local firewall blocking access to your SMH and SNMP services.
Regards,
Mahmoud Ibrahim
Regards,
Mahmoud Ibrahim
http://www.itmthoughts.com
  • Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
cybercoaster
Frequent Advisor

That was it. I didnt have iptables configured correctly. Thanks.
cybercoaster
Frequent Advisor

iptables