2982 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SNMP outbound broken after 7.2 upgrade

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Shatra,

I have not heard anything new from HP on this yet..

However, for IRS - you can see contract and warranty status, it is just not displayed in SIM (only in the IRS console). I am moving to 7.3 for supported devices anyhow (Gen 7/8 machines), but i will need to keep older systems in 7.2.2 for a while...
BrianKelly
Advisor

I received a response from HP.  they want me to upgrade to SIM 7.4 that's supposed to come out in late October.  They closed my current case.  I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling upgrading right after 7.4's released.  I'd rather wait to see if it has bugs like 7.3 did.  I'd also like to get the issue fixed before i upgrade.

Brian 

shatra
Advisor

Hopefully will solve xml traps problems, bring back contract and warranty status in hp not in IRS(In IRS you can not grant granualr access on systems)

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

I am setting up a secondary instance running 7.3 right now, and i can confirm everything works fine there, however as stated by others, some of us are stuck on 7.2.2 due to the use of Insight Remote Support Advanced for legacy hardware.

I'd move to 7.3 + IRS for all my SNMP servers, but there are some really ugly issues with IRS that will increase my already high administrative overhead for SIM and I'm not ready to deal with that. Traps are working for me, so I just need to restart SIM when i need to add new machines using SNMP.
BrianKelly
Advisor

SIM 7.40 is out has anyone upgraded to it and if so has the issue gone away.

On a side note I received a security advisory that all versions of SIM below 7.4 have a vulnerability that's fixed in SIM 7.40.

It's simular to the Heartbleed exploite. 

Brian

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Brian,

L3 support claims this issue was fixed in 7.3, but there are a lot of customers that cannot upgrade their 7.2.2 instance due to its reliance on Insight Remote Support Advanced 5.80 for legacy hardware.

I can confirm everything works just fine in 7.3/7.4 as I set up a second CMS for Gen8+ modules, but my 7.2.2 is still broken.  I have a virual room meeting scheduled for next week with L3 to look into this.  If anything comes out of it, I will continue the updates here.  My case has been open since APRIL.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Gentile,

Is your 7.4 setup connected to a remote SQL or local if **bleep**'s remote is it a SQL 2012 ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Currently I am running SQL Express as I am waiting for my DB team to help me move the DB into a proper SQL cluster.