1753775 Members
7359 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SNMP traps not sent

samuel_34
Advisor

SNMP traps not sent

I have a Proliant DL360 G3 running Windows 2003 Server (Std Edn) SP1 with all hotfixes. I'm running Proliant Support Pack 7.60A on it and have configured the SNMP & trap services correctly (I think). I don't have any problems in getting the server to communicate with my management server via SNMP GET etc, however, the only way I can successfully send out a trap is to use the 'Send Test Trap' button - using thresholds to send traps doesn't work. I've used a network monitor to check snmp traffic, and the trap is simply not being sent.

Does anyone have any clues as to why this is happening? The firewall has been disabled btw, and as I mentioned, test traps DO get through 0k...

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
samuel_34
Advisor

I should point out that I'm trying to send the traps directly from the node to another server that monitors service status, rather than use my SIM 5 server to forward traps - thats the way our Service Manager wants it set up.

Thanks.
samuel_34
Advisor

Wayhey! Solved :) Had a bad SNMP installation - deleted all SNMP references in the registry, reinstalled and all is ok.