1751714 Members
5570 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SNMP traps not showing in Insight Manager 6

Campy
Occasional Advisor

SNMP traps not showing in Insight Manager 6

Since I've updated to version 6.0 traps stop showing up in the events table. Restarting the Insight service will usually fix this for a short time, very short. I test this by restarting the SNMP service on a server managed by Insight, the cold start traps never show. Restart the Insight service and bounce the SNMP service on the managed server and they show. A short time later, same test, they don't show along with any other traps. Anyone else?
11 REPLIES 11
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Hi Campy.

Can you verify the traps are handled : Options/Events/SNMP Trap setting.
The 'Cold start' trap (sent when SNMP is restarted) is managed by the snmpv2 mib if MIBs 8.40 is installed, rfc1215 if not.

Regards.
Campy
Occasional Advisor

Yes - they are set up to be handled and emailed via automatic event handler to the admins of the systems.
Torben Holm
Advisor

I have the same problem. But try wait an hour, then they might show up..

Torben
Brian Hahne
Regular Advisor

Had the same problem myself... sometimes they work, sometimes not.
Thought an upgrade to 6.1 would fix that...

Torben Holm
Advisor

It seems that the faulty part is the SNMP traps. Every time i start SIM it has problem starting the SNMP Trap service...But if i change to WBEM event subscription it goes better but not perfect.
Campy
Occasional Advisor

Just updated to version 6.1, hopefully that helps.
I did get the following error in the application log after reboot :

"Event filter with query "select * from HP_AlertIndication" could not be (re)activated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041010. Events may not be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."
Campy
Occasional Advisor

Version 6.1 apears to have corrected the trap issue, been running since update and still showing traps. Looks like there may be a memory leak now though, mxdomainmgr likes to take all the memory over time. It was using 1.5Gb when it decided to die.
Nicolai Rasmussen
Regular Advisor

I'm running 6.0 and I don't have any TRAP issues. However, it appears that there's also a memory leak in 6.0.
Campy
Occasional Advisor

6.1 fixed my trap issue but it also appears to have a memory leak.