HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSH Problems when running Uptime.exe

EdSant
Occasional Visitor

SSH Problems when running Uptime.exe

Hi,

I found an interesting article that explained how to run Uptime.exe from within HP SIM. I created a DOS batch file that simply launches the uptime.exe with the /s parameter.

Everything looks OK, however, when I launch the app, I get an error message, which reads:

Ssh Operation failed for node:node_name SSH_CHANNEL_FAILUREnull

Using the SSH in HP SIM 5.0 PDF white paper, I ran the following command:

ssh Mydomain\MyUser@targethost

Where MyDomain, MyUser and targethost were replaced w/ actual domain, user ID and server names. When prompted for the MyUser password, I entered the password that I know that works. However, I keep getting "Permission Denied" messages.

What could be wrong here?

2 REPLIES
fred Passeron
Honored Contributor

Re: SSH Problems when running Uptime.exe

hi

I suppose that openssh has been installed , keys have been exchanged probably between the HPSIM server and the the client server. You may use the mxagentconfig -a -n node name -u user -p password to make this exchange.
You may also chech under options / security / ssh keys on the hpsim server web UI if the line is selected or not : The central management server will accept an SSH connection with any key, even if not in the list below. )

Did you create an XML file to launch the uptime.exe ? or is it a custom command ?

I attached a tdf file (uptime.xml) to launch uptime from the HPSIM web interface.
copy the xml file into the tools directory. Uptime.exe needs to be present on each server.

regards

fred

“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.” Isaac Asimov
fred Passeron
Honored Contributor

Re: SSH Problems when running Uptime.exe

hi

I suppose that openssh has been installed , keys have been exchanged probably between the HPSIM server and the the client server. You may use the mxagentconfig -a -n node name -u user -p password to make this exchange.
You may also chech under options / security / ssh keys on the hpsim server web UI if the line is selected or not : The central management server will accept an SSH connection with any key, even if not in the list below. )

Did you create an XML file to launch the uptime.exe ? or is it a custom command ?

I attached a tdf file (uptime.xml) to launch uptime from the HPSIM web interface.
copy the xml file into the tools directory. Uptime.exe needs to be present on each server.

regards

fred

“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.” Isaac Asimov