5955 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSH deployment on Windows 2008 Server x64

Alex_C
Occasional Contributor

SSH deployment on Windows 2008 Server x64

Hi all,

Trying to get Vitual Machine support under SIM 5.2 SP1 working on a Windows 2008 Server x64 running Hyper-V.

Need to deploy OpenSSH according to the error I am getting and I thought the deploy was successful when pushing agents out. When I check the event log I see application errors caused by cygrunsrv.exe (in module cygwin1.dll).

Can anyone tell me if OpenSSH works under Windows 2008 x64. When I check all my other Windows 2008 boxes, they are all showing the same problem. Can't work out if it is incompatibility or config.

Any ideas welcome. Thanks

Alex
6 REPLIES 6
Jannes Labaere

Have you tried reinstalling with "Run as administrator" on the system? I experienced the same on my Win 2008 system, but i'm not getting that error anymore. Also check the credentials the service starts with. Mine says "Local System".

Regards

Jannes
Alex_C
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jannes,
Have checked and it does not seem to be a permission problem. The service is starting as the service account defined within SIM, and has the correct permissions on the device.

Error message in event log is for an application crash within the cygwin1.dll. It seems that this is not working properly.

This is the POSIX Emulation DLL as supplied by CYGWIN. My version is 1.5.4 and dated 16/4/2007 at 13:28.

Can you check that yours is the same version and date stamp as mine please. Also can you confirm you are using x64 versions of 2008 server. I am wondering if this is a problem in someway (should not be but clutching at straws)

Thanks
Alex
Ketan Deshpande

Hi Alex,

I am seeing same problem while installing OpenSSH server on Windows Server 2008 Datacenter Edition 64bit VM.
I too believe it is because of incompatible version of cygwin1.dll
Did you find any solution to this?

Regards
ketan.

Jani Pajula
Occasional Advisor

Has anyone tried to install newer version of cygwin1.dll. Current cygwin1.dll release is 1.5.25-15 http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2008-06/msg00014.html

-Jani-
Alex_C
Occasional Contributor

Sorry guys but have not tried the newer file and have not found any luck in fixing this. I have now left the job that required it and emmigrated to NZ. I would like to close the post but I have the points to give away. How about 50% each. Good luck trying to get this resolved.

Regards

al.
Alex_C
Occasional Contributor

NO SOLUTION YET.
Change in job / life means no longer working on PCs. I am now chopping wood for a living, and looking after my Son full time.