cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW Status always a '?'

Kelly Beauchaine
Regular Advisor

SW Status always a '?'

The software status on most of my servers (about 50) are always question marks, even after I run a Software Status Poll. BUT, if I run the poll individually on each server, the status shows correctly as a green check mark. The VC Agent is correctly configured on all of these servers and they are all 'seeing' the repository. What's up with this?
Thanks,
Kelly
3 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: SW Status always a '?'

What versions of HPSIM etc.

You may want to look at the order of when things are done.
Because of an issue where our VM Servers became unknown I've disabeld our Daily Identification task.

It took me quite a lot of rearranging when different tasks run and trying to determine what might be causing the issues.
I don't have a quick easy fix as all sites will have different schedules.

You could try scheduling the SW Polling task to run at a different time and see if that makes a difference.

Also, there are issues with WBEM, not sure if you use that, but you may want to check credentials there etc.
Kelly Beauchaine
Regular Advisor

I am running SIM 5.0, Build C.05.00.00.00 dated 8/4/2005.
I will try changing the scheduled poll and see if that does any good.
This application is running on a virtual server. Do you suppose that has anything to do with it?
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll post my results.
Kelly
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

Kelly,
I have found that running SIM in a VM may not be the best or completed supported by HP. I have had occasions where systems will no go green no matter what I do. I put them on a SIM server that is not a VM and they show up just fine. Might be something to try and test to make sure. Also, you want to make sure your VCA and VCRM software are the latest from HP.