1751894 Members
5307 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Saving HPSIM Collections

Guy P. Perkins
Occasional Advisor

Saving HPSIM Collections

As part of a DR plan, I am trying to figure out the easiest way to restore HPSIM in the event of a DR. Since Authorizations and written events, and server collections are all the hardest part of a restore, has anyone scripted a way to save those collections? if not has anyone thought of how to restore those collections before. I have been thru a ton of threads and found nothing similar to this question.

Any help would be great.

Guy
4 REPLIES 4
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Re: Saving HPSIM Collections

Hi

Have you taken a look at the following doc ?

http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim_51_CreatingAnEventHandler.pdf

hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Guy P. Perkins
Occasional Advisor

While this idea is good, it doesn't give me a location where the collections are stored so that i can back that up and use in an emergency. We are trying to consolidate and lessen the footprint in the datacenter.

Adding another CMS isn't something the customer would be willing to do. I need to back up the current collections and be able to script a way to restore them in the event that we have to perform DR.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Have you seen "Backing up and restoring HP SIM 5.1 data files in a Windows environment" from http://www.hp.com/go/hpsim --> Information Library? All of the collections are in the database. Table 1 in the document details the config files that hold information not in the database.
Guy P. Perkins
Occasional Advisor

Will this cover Authorizations? Reports created? Event tasks created? system collections?

Currently there is a SQL Backup policy in place. so that database is certainly being backed up.

I've tried to reconnect an existing database to a fresh install of HPSIM in the past and I have to rebuild all my reports, my Event Tasks, Authorizations of users and what access they have to the Console.

I am trying to keep this as painless as I can.

I did look at that PDF and I see there are things that I need to make sure are part of the backup policy of the server (should be, but still want to verify). is there anything else local that I need to ensure I have a backup of to ensure a quick restore?