Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752780 Members
6192 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Scripted VCA Configuration

Raimundo.D

Scripted VCA Configuration

I have several hundred servers that need the local VCA configured to point to a common VCR. In the past I've scripted the SNMP and System Management Homepage (smhpd.xml file).

Is there a simular file (or files) that can manual copied for VCA configuration?

Thanks in advance for your help.
7 REPLIES 7
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Scripted VCA Configuration

Configure a reference server the way you want it and then use 'Replicate Agent Settings' in HP SIM to distribute it...
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Hi

Which version of HP SIM are you running ? From 5.0 onward, a new and very convenient tool has been added : replicate agent settings

Replicate agent setting is located in the configure menu. Select the targets,then choose a source from which you will replicate the vca settings (that you had previously changed on this box). In order to get everything working, all your servers should be able to communicate properly with the sim server (trust relationship ok)

hope it helps

fred

тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Raimundo.D

The systems that I want to configure won't necessarily be reporting to the SIM 5.1 server yet├в ┬ж I want to create an all-in-one script that will add new servers to the SIM server.
1) Configures SNMP
2) Configures SMH
3) Configures VCA
4) Restart HP and SNMP services
I am missing the VCA piece. Otherwise I├в ll have to perform steps 1,2 & 4 then go back to the SIM console and replicate all the settings to get the VCA configured.

Thanks again in advance for your help
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

If you configure the VCA component before you install it, you can eliminate that step altogether. Same goes for SMH.
Raimundo.D

The servers already have the VCA component installed with a null configuraiton. If reinstallation of the VCA component is my only option, would the installation of the VCA component require a reboot?
RomainL
Advisor

Yes, you need to reboot :

Name: HP Version Control Agent for Windows
New Version: 2.1.8.780

Beginning Silent Session...

The software is installed but is not up to date.

Current Version: 2.1.7.770

- the component will be updated to the new version

Configuration data contained in the software package was successfully
applied to Version Control Agent settings.

Setup needed to reboot the system, but /reboot was not passed on the
command-line. Setup will not be complete until the system is rebooted.
Raimundo.D

There does not seem to be a scripted solution to configuring the VC Agents on servers. Re-installing the VC Agent is the sort term solution. Thanks to all for the replies.