1752587 Members
4412 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Select component install for Insight Control 6

BarnabyArnott
Frequent Advisor

Select component install for Insight Control 6

I just installed some of the base packages for Insight Control 6.0. I now want to add the VMM package, but the installer complains that I don't have 15GB of free space. Is there a way to bypass the freespace check; or alternately install just this component?
Thanks, Barnaby
5 REPLIES 5
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

you can install VMM separately from DVD, its in first DVD root folder named "vs". run hpvs.exe something like that.

15 GB needed when you are installing full suite.
Newton S
Frequent Advisor

If ur planning to use VMM stand alone Licenses, then previous suggestion will help,

But, if you want to use any of the Suite licenses (such as ICE or ICE-BL), u need to install through IS DVD, which in turn will run the Insight Control Licensing & Reports task to register suite licenses.
BarnabyArnott
Frequent Advisor

I trawled through the install logs and discovered the entry:
[Tue Apr 13 18:04:46 UTC+1200 2010] HPIC Install: RunComponentInstall sCmdLine:cmd /c ""Y:\HP\Systems Insight Manager\Insight Control Environment\Disk1\vs\hpvs.exe" /VERYSILENT /SVCPWD="********" /OracleDB="vmmv21" /Type=Integrated /DIR="D:\Program Files\HP\Insight Control virtual machine management" /LOGDIR="C:\HPIC\logs\ICM_201004131748""
[Tue Apr 13 18:08:07 UTC+1200 2010] HPIC Install: InstallComplete()
[Tue Apr 13 18:08:07 UTC+1200 2010] HPIC Install: InstallComplete(sStatus[Failed to install])
[Tue Apr 13 18:08:07 UTC+1200 2010] HPIC Install: Writing result regkey for [HP Insight Control virtual machine management] = FAILED

I tried running hpvs.exe without any parameters and was told it is not a valid app. I believe this was the cause of the original failed install (above). I have since deleted and redownloaded the iso but it still says this app is invalid.

Thanks for the tip about getting the integrated licenses - I'm guessing this is what the /Type=Integrated parameter is for.

Still, no joy...
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

looks like downloading issue.
BarnabyArnott
Frequent Advisor

After the 3rd time downloading the DVD image, I was able to successfully extract the hpvs.exe and install VMM