8745 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Selecting event to clear in limited configuration rights

Marganne
Occasional Contributor

Selecting event to clear in limited configuration rights

Hello,

My question is about event selection in HP SIM in order to clean them when a user is registered with only "limited" configuration rights and has rights to use the "Monitoring tools".

Indeed it looks like we can give rights only to clear (or delete) all events from the a category (Minor, Major) ... This does not fit my needs as i want the people with those rights to be able to clear one event at a time. This is possible with full rights and i manage to add the "Clean event" tool so that they can clean all event from a choosen type.

Now is it possible to go further with this and allow them to clean one event from Minor type i.e. and not all the Minor events?

Thank you for any help.
2 REPLIES 2
Geoff Schunicht
HPE Pro

In HP SIM 5.1, you should be able to grant a limited user access to the clear events tool as you mentioned above. There is however no limit to how many events the user can clear at one time (or the severity). If the limited user views the events they can select 1 or 1000 events to clear in this case.
It sounds like you want even finer control in being able to clear only certain events and possible limit how many at once, is this correct?
I work for HPE.
Marganne
Occasional Contributor

Well indeed I think you already answered my question. My goal is to let the people be able to clear how much events they want from any type not all of one type in a row.

I think I will have to move to 5.1 following your explanation.