1752277 Members
4732 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Sending test trap always generates 2 alerts

Alexander Glass
Advisor

Sending test trap always generates 2 alerts

Whenever I send test traps from my server I receive two events in HPSIM. Does anyone know why?
4 REPLIES 4
David_943
Advisor

Re: Sending test trap always generates 2 alerts

I had this problem for a while. I was in transition from CIM7 to SIM4. I had configured CIM7 to forward traps to SIM4 as I reconfigured all of my SNMP devices to send traps to both the CIM7 and SIM4 servers. Whenever a device was reconfigured, I would receive two events from that device. Once I had reconfigured all of my SNMP devices, I disabled the trap forwarding from CIM7 and everything went back to normal.

You might have a device out there that is accepting SNMP traps and forwarding them. This will duplicate any traps that the SIM server already recieved.
Pat Wilson_1
Valued Contributor

Do you by any chance have an ILO on the affected server that is also forwarding the Insight Manager Agent alerts? This could give you duplicate notifications.
Alexander Glass
Advisor

I don't have the iLo configured (no ethernet cable in it for that matter).

In my SNMP config, I have trap destinations set for both the read-only and read-create SNMP string. Could that be the problem? Should I only configure trap destination on one?
RuelAlojado
Frequent Advisor

Yes, you can remove the other Community string from the Trap Setting of your SNMP Settings.