Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server rename, now I cannot delete it from SIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Server rename, now I cannot delete it from SIM

A co-worker of mine renamed a server.  Normally this is not a problem - I delete from SIM and re-add it with the new name.  However, this time it will not delete.  I click the checkbox next to it and click the delete button and nothing happens - no error, no message box.  I was able to delete the ILO object for it without problems.

If I click the the server name itself, I get this message:

The drilldown tool cannot be launched.  The current user is not authorized to run the tool on the particular system...

I am a full admin of the SIM system - I have full access to all systems and have never seen this error before.  Does anyone know of a way to force this old object to be deleted?

Thanks

NK

1 REPLY
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Server rename, now I cannot delete it from SIM

Using the command line "MXNODE -R oldservername" allowed me to remove it.  Learned something new today...

NK